2003 – 2006
- Testing services to private clients mostly on mechanical testing of construction materials and components such as: cement additives, armour stones, wall panels, etc.
- Testing Manual for common tests on soils, aggregates and concrete was developed. Now being edited for publication. Draft copies were distributed to DAR Engineers during the training on construction materials and testing and quality control last November 2003
- Being a member of AITECH, the BRS was asked to help in the investigation of the DM Tenement in Vitas, Tondo, Manila (2005). The unit contributed in designing the investigation methodology and conducted ocular inspection. A report was also generated to aid in the decision-making whether to repair/retrofit or to demolish the structure.
- Cement Primer: a brochure explaining the properties of cements available in the Philippine market. The introduction increased production of blended cement (Type 1P) led to confusion among consumers especially the small-scale users who bought cements in bags.
- Testing services to private clients on wall panels, such as flexural strength, compressive strength, diagonal tension, and impact resistance.
- Technical assistance in the drafting of the manual entitled Handbook on Piling Works, prepared by the Construction Manpower Development Foundation (CMDF) in February 1999.
- Technical advisory services on imported/new/innovative construction materials and technology.
- Technical advisory services on construction materials for commercialization venture.
1993 – 1994
- Application of Small Format Aerial Photography in Sta. Rosa, Laguna (Philippine-Australian Remote Sensing Project)
- Technology Transfer of Fiber Concrete Roofing (FCR) in Catarman, Samar; Tacloban, Leyte, and Guimaras Province.
- Technical Assistance in the Planning and Design of Socialized Housing Units in Pandi, Bulacan.
- A paper entitled Building Regulation System for Earthquake Disaster Reduction was developed by the office as an input for the program Earthquake Engineering and Disaster Management for Establishing Administration Systems in the Philippines (Phase II) primarily sponsored by the UNDP/UNCRD. A preliminary study on the development of a Hazards and Seismic Zoning Map was initiated based on the output of the program.
- A series of lectures on various technologies developed by the office was conducted by the senior staff upon the request and coordination of PCIERD. These were presented in two days to a visiting Burmese Architect, Daw Hlaing Maw in August 1992 as part of her two-week Training and Study Program in Low Cost Wall and Roofing Materials with Related Design as a link-up activity for a Study program at the Asian Institute of Technology in Bangkok.
- Organization and holding of Seminar on Total Building Fire Safety on November 25-27, 1992 which was also made a part of the Continuing Engineering Education Series of the National Engineering Center.
- Held Seminar on Concrete Hollow Block Making at the initiation of the Business Technology Training Development (BTTD) Program of the Technology and Livelihood Resource Center.
Copyright © 2014 U.P. Building Research Service. All Rights Reserved.